Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Monday, August 29, 2016
REMINDER: The FALL season will start next Tuesday 9/6. This is a change from the calendar date. Schedules will be posted tomorrow or Wednesday. Also, if you are interested in using the DartConnect scoring system for league play please contact Amy or Dave DeBruyne.
Friday, August 26, 2016
2nd. Nick Maguire and Dan Houser
3rd. Patrick Moran and Dale LaFrance
4th. Ed Day and Mike Legac
5th. Andy Joss and Reginald Rollo
6th. Andreas Koch and Ron Pospisil
1) Good sportsmanship shall prevail at all GVDA activities. The GVDA may expel, suspend, or place on probation any member who creates discord, behaves in a belligerent or defamatory manner or engages in conduct prejudicial to the welfare and image of the GVDA and the sport of darts.
2) Attempts to distract a player at the hockey are prohibited.
3) Opposing team members must stand at least 2 feet behind a player at the hockey.
4) Captains must remove any distractions and remedy any problems of which they are advised as fully as possible. Captains will be held responsible for the conduct of their team members.
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
FALL SIGN-UP AND TOURNAMENT
Fall season sign-up and tournament tonight at Sunset! Festivities start at 7 pm.
Not already a GVDA member? You can be for $15!! Play on a team and/or play the mid-season tournament and the upcoming ADO cricket qualifier. There are always teams looking for players or players looking for a team!
Blind draw tournament will start at 7:30 pm. $5 entry fee; 100% payback plus $240. Rochester format-single or double elimination determined by number of players.
CRICKET ADO QUALIFIER
The last ADO event for 2016 is cricket!! Local qualifier is October 8th at Sunset Lanes. Open to all GVDA members in good sanding and it is FREE!!!!! Sign-in at 11:30 a.m. with play starting at noon. Round Robin - all cricket! If we have more than 12 people there will be 2 brackets with the top 3 from each moving on to the a final round robin bracket. Winner will advance to the Cricket National/Regional to be held at Quigley's in Albany on November 5th. Winners at the National/Regional level travel to Vegas in January
Some of you may have seen us using the DartConnect app for the summer season. It is an electronic scoring app (similar to the ones that used to be at Dirty & Co many moons ago) you use on a tablet. DartConnect will be available for any team that wants to use it for the Fall season. Cost is $20 per team. Here is a link to find out more about DartConnect http://www.dartconnect.com/
It will be available at the sign-up tournament tonight - come check it out!
Invictus is coming back to Rochester! It is a series of 6 events with the winners of each moving on to the final in December. It is a long format, 501 steel tip event. Event #3 is on September 17th at Sunset Lanes. Pre-registration is $20 ($25 the day of the event). You can pre-register with Amy DeBruyne tonight at sign-ups.
Thursday, August 18, 2016
1) The chalker’s function is to keep score. Engaging in other activities while chalking is not allowed. Chalkers are to face the dartboard, keep movements to a minimum and be considerate of the thrower.
2) A chalker must not distract the player at the hockey. A chalker may not stare at the shooter, lean in to check the score between darts thrown, or speak without being requested to do so.
3) A chalker may not in any way advise the thrower on outs, shot choice or strategy. When asked, a chalker may advise the thrower as to points scored and points remaining only. Such information is not official and the player acts upon it at his/her own risk.
4) It is permissible for other players or spectators to advise the thrower, upon request, during the match.
5) If you must use a calculator, cell phone, automatic dart scorer, or other device to help do math:
a. Please do not enter any darts, scores, or values into it until the shooter has thrown all three darts.
b. Please use these as quickly as possible not to delay the game
Thank you for your time , if you have a suggestion for us to post a "Rule of the Week" please let me know
We have teams looking for players or you can be a general member which makes you eligible to play in the sign-up and midseason tournaments as well as the ADO qualifiers.
If you are looking for a team, have questions about the league please fill out the contact form on the website and a board member will get back to you.
Looking forward to seeing you at sign-up
Also this season we will have the ability to sign teams up to use dart connect . If you would like to know more about it her is a link . http://dartconnect.com/
Monday, August 15, 2016
1st Jerry VanLoan
2nd Joseph Rutsky
3rd Gino Florian
4th Todd Crans
5th Dan Inman
6th Dale LaFrance
7th Brian Field
8th Andy Joss
9th Rick Mills Jr.
1st Cali West
2nd Rachel Burrous
3rd Robin Curry
4th Amy DeBruyne
5th Stacy Bradley
The winners, Jerry and Cali, will advance to the US Team final to be held in Colorado in October. This will be the final event to complete the US Team, who will compete in the World Cup to be held in Japan in 2017.
We have teams looking for players or you can be a general member which makes you eligible to play in the sign-up and midseason tournaments as well as the ADO qualifiers. Also looking for teams who want to use DartConnect (scoring application) this season.
If you are looking for a team, have questions about the league or DartConnect please fill out the contact form on the website and a board member will get back to you.
Looking forward to seeing you all at sign-up!
1st Josh Connell
2nd Richard McGlynn
4th Dale LaFrance
5th Gino Florian
6th Matt Franciola
8th John Weinreich
9th Dan Inman
Josh (from Syracuse) National Final and did very well! He made it out of his round robin bracket and finished in the top 4! Way to go Josh!
Stay tuned for information regarding the final ADO qualifier of the year - cricket!