TL/DR: To put the top 4 teams in playoffs would have resulted in less playing time for ALL teams. The format for this season allowed maximum play throughout the entire season for all teams.
- We went with divisions of 6 to avoid putting teams in a division where they did not belong (either up or down).
- To avoid multiple byes and/or position rounds we elected to go three times around for each division. (in general the membership doesn't like position rounds and byes).
- Holidays at the end of the season - often the playoff finals are the week between the holidays, but it didn't work out this year.
- If we had a playoff of the top 4 teams the seasons would have to be lopsided in that you would not play all teams an equal number of times. This would have been a potential advantage for some teams and a disadvantage for others.
- To put the top 4 teams in playoffs would have resulted in less playing time for ALL teams - this allowed maximum play throughout the season for all teams involved.
Please address any further questions to your friendly neighborhood board member.